Sunday 27th January, 3-5 pm in Leeson Park School of Music, Grove Park, Rathmines, Dublin 6.
“Alexander Dubuque and the Pedagogical Legacy of John Field”.
Ludmila Podlesnykh will introduce the following topics:
- Field and his significance for the Russian piano school,
- His best student and pedagogue, Alexander Dubuque, who documented the art of Field
- The pedagogical principles of both pianists
- Aspects of piano technique related to the modern piano pedagogy
- Piano pieces by Dubuque as potential repertoire for pianist